NOTE: Click here for the SUSO Action Plan Template for planning the 2013-2014 school year activities.
November Meeting Materials:
On May 13th, 14th, and 15th, members of Step Up Speak Out traveled to Lodi, Rio, Portage, and Wisconsin Dells to share their message about the dangers of drinking and driving. Here are some of the alarming statistics that they shared:
Teen Statistics on Drinking and Driving
- In 2010, the total alcohol impaired driving fatalities in WI was 206
- In the US, about 10% of all traffic crashes are recorded by the authorities are caused due to drivers under the influence of alcohol
- Out of 13,000 drunk driving fatalities in the US, 1,393 were caused by teenage drunk driving
- In WI, out of all car accidents among teens in 2011, 36% were related to drinking and driving
- 64% of teenagers in fatal alcohol-related crashes were not wearing seat belts
- Among 15 to 20 year old drivers involved in fatal crashes, 33% of the drivers who were killed had been drinking and 28% who were killed in crashes had a BAC of .08 or higher
To get adults in our community to step up as parents and business leaders to create an environment for youth where alcohol abuse is not the norm.